Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Estefania & Garreth's Beautiful DIY Wedding

I'm always amazed when I see someone pull together a DIY wedding.  Stef and Garreth did a beautiful job with their rustic, natural wedding in Sage Hall at Texas Old Town.  When I saw the surroundings and the decorations they had put together, I knew I needed to keep a natural feel to my photographs.  I wanted to show off the reddish lighting coming from the two natural light sources and reflecting off the wood walls.  I used a soft focus to really bring out the natural look of the surroundings.







They had a picturesque outdoor ceremony surrounded by Texas oak trees and handmade decorations.  One thing they did that I've been seeing more lately is they had an "unplugged ceremony".  Everyone in attendance was asked to keep their phones put away until after the newlyweds' first dance.  I recommend this to everyone planning a wedding.  I'm there to capture the moments to the best of my ability, and you'll love your pictures so much more when no one is holding up a cell phone.  Moments like the end of the ceremony, when they walked back down the aisle after getting married and their friends set off bubbles in celebration.  I thought it was an adorable touch, adding a little whimsy to a beautiful ceremony.












One of the things that set Stef and Garreth's wedding apart from most was that he had a groomswoman.  She was one of his best friends, and she got to be included in the ceremony like any groom's buddy.  She fit in perfectly in their four-person wedding party.





After the wedding ceremony, they had an indoor reception with about 75 guests.  The wooden hall was beautiful, and they made great table decorations that were both modern and natural.  The wedding colors they chose, mint and gold, put a new twist on a very "old" style wedding venue.








One of my favorite little details of Stef's wedding ensemble was her choice of shoes.  Blue, sequined Keds!  Everything was soft and natural, and then, boom!, a splash of bright blue!  I love when brides show off a little of their fun side, and it's always a treat to capture these little details.







------------------------
Vendors featured:
Venue - Texas Old Town
Photography - Sweetleaf Photography
Wedding Planner - Carefree Weddings
Catering - Pok-e-Jo's
Floral Arrangements - ParkCrest Floral Design
Cake - Sweet Treets Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment